Monday 8 July 2013

Live Mock Trial - The verdict

The UK Government was put on trial at our live, mock trial.  The charge: failure to comply with European Regulations with regard to the treatment of Roma economic migrants seeking to establish themselves in the country.   The audience of c.40 was the jury.  The verdict:  UK Government found guilty.  See the full court line up below... And a great new song capturing the plight of the Roma...


"Wherever I am I am home
wherever I stand I don't stand alone
when I look inside myself
I'm aware of who I be
I belong to the world
the land of the free
we try to fit in society
but we don't want to play 
with their fraternity
I'm on a different radio frequency
and far more deeper than A-Z
my story is a mystery
and the guys who don't know me
Me som Romano shavo (I'm a Romani lad)
hai chi som korkorro (and I'm not alone)
hai me birav sim khere (I have a right to be at home)
av putiera pe tele[?]  
Hai dikh murro traiio (just look at my life)
We have travelled the world 
on the darkest night
looking for a friend
in the candlelight
we do our best to understand
and learn the language of the land
we try not to judge
the lion's in the sand
pointed fingers in my face
so I'm moving on to a different stage
I'm rejected by society 
'cos I'm living my life and I am free
Sostar si Romani bax ka savi [?] (why is Roma luck as it is?)
murri historia si parni (my story is white)
Me som Romano shavo 
hai chi som korkorro
hai me birav sim khere
av putiera pe tele[?]
Hai dikh murro traiio

Somebody help my wife and my baby
it's cold we have no place to stay
the drummers are drumming 
the footsteps are coming closer
and we're running away..."

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt/218015?programid=2122&play=4615200&playtype=sändning

This link takes you to a RadioRomano Broadcast. Scroll to last 4 minutes to hear this great new song capturing the plight of the Roma people.  Above are the English-Romani words... If you can help with words email me:





3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless God for your life and for what u are doing in the lives of the Roma communitee. May Jehovah continue to grant you wisdom and the ability to do His work. God bless u pastor.
    Funwi

    ReplyDelete